Happy New Year!
As 2018 draws to a close, it's quite possible you'll be watching the fireworks, making a toast to the year that was and chiming "Happy New Year" surrounded by a bunch of cheery loved ones, new friends or even strangers.
We are lucky to meet a diverse range of people at our humble airport hotel, and to make sure we ring in 2019 with style we've pulled together a list of how to say "Happy New Year" in 19 different languages!
1. Italian: Buon anno!
2. German: Frohes Neues Jahr!
3. French: Bonne Année!
4. Spanish: ¡Feliz Año Nuevo!
5. Tagalog (Philippines): Manigong Bagong Taon!
6. Icelandic: Gleðilegt nýtt ár!
7. Dutch: Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!
8. Swahili: Heri ya mwaka mpya!
9. Japanese: あけましておめでとう (Akemashite omedetou; pronunciation)
10. Maori: Kia hari te tau hou!
11. Turkish: Mutlu yıllar!
12. Finnish: Hyvää uutta vuotta!
13. Portuguese: Feliz Ano Novo!
14. Russian: S novym godom!
15. Danish: Godt nytår!
16. Polish: Szczesliwego Nowego Roku!
17. Mandarin: Xin Nian Kuai Le (sheen nian kwai luh; pronuciation)
18. Czech: Sťastný nový rok!
19. Finnish – Hyvää uutta vuotta!
Sources: Metro UK & Conde Nast Traveler
Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, an IHG hotel.
To book: ihg/holidayinnsydneyairport.com